Monday, December 26, 2005

Starbucks is my favorite places to sit outside and have coffee. The outdoor tables and chairs, and people who come and go at all hours of the day, resemble a European piazza in many ways. Strangers chat with each other, and eventually, become friends, or at least coffee acquaintances. Sometimes I run into people I know, sometimes I run into people I haven't seen in twenty years.

It also lies within the five mile radius of my house. On pleasant fall nights, I can easily walk there.

My Bessa and the 15mm lens are always with me. I have recorded my coffees at Starbucks faithfully. Someday maybe they will be an archaelogical find, like the cherry pits found in the excavations during the construction of the South Street Wharf in Manhattan,-my photos will give a cross section of the Starbucks patrons in North Miami.

No, more likely they will give an idea of what papers and chemicals were available in 2005.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, did you know that Starbucks is the anti-Christ of coffee? Really. We have a local roaster in Milwaukee called Alterra that will put hair on your Summicron.

Okay, so don't tell anybody I said this, but I love Starbuck's Sumatra. I grind it down to espresso consistancy, and run the mud through a manual drip coffee maker. I don't lick the filter though. ;)

Oh BTW, have a happy new year!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home