Sunday, January 22, 2006

Local Politics, International Intrigue?

  • e's po
    I took James and his fiancee Hideko over to my usual hang out, the Starbucks on U.S. 1 and 135th Street, where I usually run into lots of people that I know and oft times make new friends with people that I meet there. Everybody seems friendly and it's easy to get into conversations with what had been total strangers mere moments before. It's that kind of place.

While we were enjoying our coffee North Miami City Councilman Scott Galvin showed up and joined us for a few minutes. He and I have been friends since the first time he ran (and lost) when he was only 18. Well, he waited a few years, ran again, and won. He represents my district and lives about the same number of blocks east of Starbucks as I do west. That's him in the top photo between James and Hideko.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i get more info?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Al Kaplan said...

I have no idea what info you're looking for. Email me with a more detailed, specific querry. Thanks. Al
preacherpop42 (at) aol (dot) com

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home