Sunday, October 07, 2007

Who? What? Where? When? and Why?...again


I really need to start carrying a notebook with me. I should be writing down the five double-U's of good journalism ~ Who, What, Where, When, and Why. Honestly, I don't have a clue in hell where I shot this, even though it's probably only a couple of weeks ago. I remember thinking "Ooh! That building looks neat!" and jockying around a bit to get a good angle. I liked the contrast between its shadowed facade and the sun lit high rises behind it. I knew that I'd be in complete shadow, just a silouette. After doing it for so long I'm fairly confident that I can pose and position myself properly in the composition. I did screw up a tad with that street light projecting out of my eye.

A few days after I shot this I went by Vivette's Ultimate Hair Design on 163rd St. and got a haircut, the first one in at least six months. I was beginning to get sick and tired of Claudia telling me that I looked like "a homeless street person". With my new policy of wearing suits and ties to city meetings nobody recognizes me anymore.

Two weeks ago I got the house painted, and this week I got new shingles on the roof. Next week I'm getting all the windows replaced. Yesterday I trimmed the bushes after getting the grass mowed and edged. Now nobody will recognize the house either. At least inside I still have all the familiar clutter, with huge piles of books and magazines all over the place, and a dining room table covered with cameras and lenses and boxes of photographs. At least it still feels like home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home