Wednesday, July 12, 2006

After The Tournament


Not really much going on here, just myself and a bunch of the other members of the South Florida Fishing Club milling around after the annual Sailfish Tournament waiting to eat. I have a tendancy to get seasick so I seldom fish the offshore tournaments. By the time I get enough Dramamine into my system to not get ill I'm so spaced out that it would be no fun. I usually end up being weighmaster. In the case of an all release tournament lie the annual sailfish and tarpon events I just keep score as the releases are called in via radio.

The teams consist of whoever owns the boat and another angler asigned by lot, so I think people are really pretty honest. Since you get more points if you fish lighter line the fights often last half an hour, sometimes longer. Both tarpon and sailfish are jumpers so odds are that people in another boat are watching the action.

P.S. Want an archival quality print of this or one of my other photos? E-mail me at preacherpop42@aol.com for details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home