Monday, December 04, 2006

Sitting By The Crossroads Once Again



Here I am back at my favorite Starbucks enjoying the evening air, watching the people come and go. The place is right at the corner of U.S. 1, alias Biscayne Blvd., and N.E. 135th St. which heads west to Interstate 95. We're within a couple dozen blocks the campuses of Miami-Dade College and Florida International University to the north, with a couple more institutions of higher learning, Barry University and Johnson and Wales University nearby to the south.

Sometimes when there's nobody around to talk to, like during school breaks or exam week, I just sit and think about what I want to write, or what new direction I might take my photography. This was one of those nights, just as tonight is. The night I shot this I had a copy of The Rangefinder, a professional photography magazine, to try to jog my creative juices into flowing. Tonight though, I was lucky enough to get some Emails from two other talented photographers featuring some of their latest work. I'd like to share their sites with you folks.

Ronald Moravec sent me this portfolio, photographs in the woods, the leaves in their full autumn glory still on trees standing in the snow. He sometimes uses a 15mm lens like mine, although I don't think that he shot all of these with the 15. He also seems more adept than me at staying out of his own photographs...LOL. He writes:

"the one with the brown leaves on the small tree to the left side was with your favorite CV15. M6- mostly 35mm New Fuji 160s Profesional. This seems to be really nice film that scans very well."
http://picasaweb.google.com/R.Moravec/2006125FullersbergInColor

...and Todd Frederick, the genius with photoshop, who scans and posts the photos on my blog for me, prefers experimenting with cheap plastic "toy" cameras like the Holga. Here's a site featuring some of his latest photos:
http://www.filmlives.net/community/viewtopic.php?t=658&highlight=&sid=61050c266ddb2b4f523a482af2d265c2

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT TO DO IF YOU'VE BEEN BANNED FROM PHOTO.NET

Go to this website and write down your IP address:

http://whatismyipaddress.com/


Clear all your cookies from your browser and turn off the power to your
modem for 8 hours. (If you're leaving for a trip, this would be a good time
to turn off your modem.)

Power up your modem the following day and check your IP address.

Go to this website and create a new email account with a domain name of your
choice:

http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/domain_email.adp

or go here and set up a free AOL email account:

https://new.aol.com/freeaolweb/?promocode=814178&promocode2=805970


Go back to RFF and sign up as a new user. Don't use the same password you
used for your banned user account just in case they check.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I post a filmlives, but I don't use my real name. That's because the troll, Eric Milner, is a moderator there; and a couple of years ago he was stalking me.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home