Friday, January 26, 2007

Big Decisions ~ Buy Coke On Sale Or Use Up The Pepsi First?


The truth is, it was a no brainer! Even though I'd bought five 12 packs of Pepsi for ten bucks a couple weeks before I really prefer Coke. I went ahead and bought the four 12 packs of Coke for ten bucks. But that was last week.

Today I took Mary to the Publix supermarket, mostly because she was out of food for her cat collection, but I suspect as much because she just wanted to "get out" and be amongst people for awhile. I didn't really need a thing but I took her anyway. I ended up buying fresh bagels, Maxwell House French Roast coffee, and Mullers Vermicelli. It was all on sale for buy-one, get-one-free. Then I went outside, lit a cigarette, and waited.

It took her almost an hour. Like I said, for her it's an Outing! In the meantime I ran into Lenny Schendowich. It must be 15 years since I last saw him. He's still living in the same house he was living in when I first met his family back in 1956. I used to fish with his older brother Irwin. We chatted for a bit about the old days, about Irwin, and about Lenny's monkeys. Real live monkeys, not toys! I should go over there and take some pix. It's only a couple of blocks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home