Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Well Furnished Pad



It was February,1964 and I'm not sure where in Boston the this was. Probably Norway Street. I'm pretty sure that her name was Barbara but I can't remember his. It's always easier for a guy to remember chicks' names. She's sitting on a big soft cushion. Bean bag chairs were still a dozen years off in the future. None of us minded sitting on the floor. It was pretty common to sleep on a mattress on the floor, no box spring even! Now if I tried that I'd have to crawl around until I got near a doorknob or piece of furniture so I could pull myself up.

Of course when everybody sits on the floor you tend to hang the art work lower too, keeping it eye level. He was the artist.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this picture because of what I see in it: reading is one of the great pleasures in the life, at least for me, and I see two relaxed people doing it (reading, I mean).
I see what seems me an abstract painting on the wall which gives me the idea of a place connected with art.

But I see a sense of quiet which I do not see in the behaviour of today's young people.

robert blu
PS: maybe I'm getting old and have some kind of nostalgic feeling...

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home