Friday, November 06, 2009

Those 1970's "Guitar Strap" Neck Straps




The NIKON strap is like brand new. Somebody gave me a bunch of straps and pouches recently. The two "Hippie Straps" below are from the 1970's. I used them on my Pentacon-Six cameras which are much larger and heavier that 35mm SLR's.

The fabric straps hold up much better than leather straps, but the leather parts still dry out and get cracked. I want to get some rivets and use the Rollie clips off of an old dried out leather Rollieflex strap on a fabric strap.

The straps really weren't "photographed". I just put them on the scanner glass and scanned them directly. I did the same with the bones and teeth,as well as with the Edgeworth tin.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al we always called em hippie straps.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked those straps from the first time I saw them on a rack in Aspen, Colorado in the early 1970's.

It's also so cool what can be done with just a simple scanner.

Nice, Todd

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home