Monday, August 31, 2009

A Really Cool Customized Volkswagen Microbus



"Feb. 1972" is scribbled on the back of the contact sheet and it's a pretty clean looking scan because it's a 6x7cm negative on 120 roll film. I was probably shooting with my Century Graphic.

I remember seeing this vehicle a knowing that I just had to get a few pictures. It appears to be a "custom" but amateurishly done combining of a travel trailer and a VW Microbus. It's hardly streamlined, and it makes you wonder how that 40 or 50 horsepower motor ever got it up to highway speed.

I'm not sure but I think this was in Coconut Grove. Lethal Yellowing had yet to wipe out the coconut palms.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks a little like a 1950's Airstream's been grafted onto the back of that old split-screen.


These days either of them would be worth a lot more than the sum of the parts.

I love the protection round the front wheel.

MickH

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home