Sunday, February 19, 2006

I try to be everywhere, talk to everyone who'll talk to me! (Tongue Firmly in Cheek)



I'm really an old figure around City Hall in North Miami, as you might of guessed by now. It's not that I really care about the city, or do anything that makes it a better place to live, I just happen to be short of friends these days, and hey, I can always find somebody who'll talk to me at City Hall. Where else could I meet the beautiful woman above, who will stop and chat with me, not because of my wonderful head of hair, I found out, but just because I'm such a lonely looking bugger, with my camera always hanging around my neck.


I mean, if I was really interested in North Miami,and it's well being, I supposed I would have gotten connected with the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) there long ago. I could hang around there as well as I can any place else, and I'm sure there's enough gossip and politicking going on there to satisfy me too.


But at the art museum, I think they're a little picky about actually having a little knowlege about something, keeping up with art, things like that. At City Hall, not much more than a body is required. A body equals one vote. You line up enough bodies, and you get elected to something or another. And that's how a city is run. If you like "free" breakfasts, an annual dinner or convention, or a few political or fund raising balls, and that's enough to run your stuff, plus the big wig that comes with the job, and which most people in city government choose to wear.


Nope. That MOCA might actually require some work on my part, like reading a book now and then,-with pictures in it. Even then, I bet I couldn't get by without reading a few words below or beside the pictures.


But kidding aside, and when you think of it, the museum probably gets a lot more work done on behalf of the spiritual part of North Miami, and as I mentioned in the previous post, perhaps that's what Miami needs more of, and less monitoring and less suspicion of our fellow North Miamians. Art opens hearts. Open hearts could open minds. With a city full of open minds and open hearts.........well, what more could a city council, city hall want?

1 Comments:

Blogger domingo said...

good shot man, city hall seems like an interesting place to photograph. these people are like the civil heros of today. alot of them actually care about what they are doing for their community.

anyway, good read.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home