Friday, March 03, 2006

Tip O'Neill

I get requests to post some of my older photographs as well as my current work so here's one from a print I had on hand of Tip O'Neill, long time speaker of the U.S. House of Representitives. I did all the public relations photography for Barry College for a couple of decades. This photo was at a college graduation in the late 1970's and Tip was the commencement speaker. I probably shot it with a 180/2.8 Tele-Elmarit on my Leicaflex SL while standing right up against the edge of the stage. Tip was without doubt the best orator of anybody who ever spoke at a Barry commencement during the years I was there. It was a real pleasure to have met and photographed him. No, he's not the one who gave me the secret of keeping a full head of hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home