Friday, July 14, 2006

The House On The Corner...My House


That's my house there. The front yard looks huge in the photo due to the distortion from the 15mm ultra-wide angle lens. I love the trees. When I bought the place back in 1967 it looked pretty barren. Back in 1949 they built solid houses, and this one has survived many a hurricane over the years. No flimsy slip-shod construction here. . Even the quality of the chain link fence doesn't compare to the crap they make now. Heavier wire and it's hot dipped galvanized.

I have a small room, about 7x9 feet, for my darkroom complete with running water and a 2x7 ft. sink for the trays. There are two bedrooms and a small office. Now that I'm divorced, and my son and daughter are grown and on their own, I live here by myself except for a cat, Baby, left with me by a former girlfriend who moved out of town. She told me that Baby liked me better than her anyway. It's a corner lot so I have a driveway coming in from the side where I keep my boat, a 17 ft. center console.

I'm not much of a housekeeper, and the inside looks just like a single guy lives there. Cameras all over the dining room table. Fishing rods leaning against the wall in the living room. I do manage to keep up with the dishes and the laundry though, and the lawn gets cut often enough so the city code enforcement guy leaves me alone. The best thing about the house is that it's paid for. No mortgage payments! All it needs is the right woman. If you want to apply for that position send me an Email.

P.S. Want an archival quality print of this or one of my other photos? E-mail me at preacherpop42@aol.com for details.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Bamberg said...

Hi Al, I'm a native Miamian also. I grew up in Coral Gables. Your photos are great--especially of Baez/Dylan.

If you sift through my site (type Miami in the search window at the bottom), you'll find lots of mid-century fun!

If that Baez/Dylan photo is yours, have you thought about blowing it up on an Epson 2200? Let me know. Thanks--matthewbam@aol.com (I'm a friend of Betty's)

http://digitalartphotographyfordummies.blogspot.com/

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your front yard needs a monkey pine and perhaps a banana tree!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home