Tuesday, June 19, 2007

One Dog Night, One Night Stand

I was enjoying my evening cup of coffee at Starbucks when a young couple showed up, dog in tow. Dogs aren't allowed inside the store. They chose the table next to mine and started to tie the leash to the chair so they could go in and get their drinks. The dog was yipping happily at me, all excited, straining against the leash hard enough to drag the chair towards me.

I suggested that they could just hand me the leash and I'd entertain the pooch while they went inside. She immediately jumped up on to my lap and did the obligatory sniffing around before standing up and licking my face. She then settled down and let me know that she preferred having her sides stroked to being tickled under her chin. After the couple returned I assured them that she was no problem and she stayed on my lap for another ten minutes or so. Then she got restless and we said our goodbyes. I was drinking alone again.

1 Comments:

Blogger dclachsa said...

Thanks for the story! I found you googling one-dog night as a potential title for a piece for a sculpture my friend is working on. We decided on "whoops to the wolf below" but thought you had a nice blog. Thanks again.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home