Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tunnel To Enlightenment ? Portal To Salvation ?

At LAST, I was eligible for Medicare and the U.S. government would be picking up most of the expense of my health care. Dr. Katz couldn't wait to start spending the government's money, huge gobs of it.

This machine, an MRI I think it's called, scans you section by section, cross sections of you, as you get to lie there and hear this loud whining sound that seemingly goes on forever. They told me that many people get freaked out within the confines of the tube but to just try and relax and it would soon be over.

I closed my eyes, concentrated on slow even breathing, got nicely relaxed, almost asleep until the noise started, but I lay still and just let it happen. It was soon over with.

Over the next few days I got poked and prodded, gave urine and blood samples, and tomorrow morning I'm going to an ophthalmologist for an eye exam. I think that we're getting near the end of the ordeal. One doctor remarked "You're in great shape! You should be good to go for another thirty years or so!" I asked if that meant that I'd still be able to pick up college girls at Starbucks? He gave me a strange look...very strange. Well, at least I want to make sure that I'll still be able to look at them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al,
about those college girls. I bet if you did ask one of them out you might be surprised. Go for it, why not! Seems like yuo have a good enough rap.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home