Tuesday, February 03, 2009

On The Wall At The Mario Flores Gallery


The opening party was last Friday and there were actually a lot of people there but I managed to chase a few away from in front of my display of photographs long enough to actually see the pictures in the shot. No, Phil Morris wasn't "posed", but he was already looking at the photos before I tried to get this shot. He lingered afterwards for quite awhile and we chatted a bit. He seemed most interested in the photos of the Miccosukee and Seminole Indians. Most people are.
I was the only one showing traditional black and white gelatin silver prints, and frankly some of the other photographers' work was, to me anyway, stretching the definition of photography a bit more than I'm comfortable with. Still, Mario has been encouraging me to go off exploring some new directions with my black and white photography, which seems to be getting me out of the rut I've been stuck in the past few years. It's still gelatin silver though.
This photo was shot with a 21mm Super-Angulon on a Leica M3, scanned off of a 4"x6" print.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

I'm so sorry I missed the show. The hubster and I talked about trying to get down there but it just wasn't in the cards this time. Hope all went well. Keep me posted for next time.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home