Saturday, April 15, 2006

Reinventing The Wheel


Everything was different in the 60's. I can't picture a sculpture looking like this being made in the 1950's. I doubt it would be made today either. I've mentioned in earlier postings that I can't find the notebooks that go with these slides, but hazy memories conjure up visions of an art show at the University of Miami. I don't remember what publication I was shooting for at the time, or why I shot color rather than B&W. I should make myself a note to see if I might have also shot some B&W as I go through all those boxes of negatives and contact sheets from that era.

On the other hand the photograph still looks very contemporary, insofar as a lot of shooters seem to be shooting in this style these days, close to 40 years after this photo was taken. It was most likely shot with my new Leica M4 and a 35mm f/1.8 Canon lens. I have no idea who the guy was. He was just walking by, checking out the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home