Monday, November 20, 2006

My Cheatin' Heart


No, I wasn't out cheating on Dawn with some sexy young thing. I was having coffee at the new Starbucks in downtown North Miami. Most of the staff was trained at the Starbucks I usually frequent so they all know me, but somehow it just doesn't feel right. It's a different atmosphere and a different crowd. Not the same old people!

Still, it's nice to be where cliques have yet to form. It makes it easier to meet new people. I was in there while the staff was still getting the place organized, about two weeks before the official grand opening. I was driving down 125th Street and noticed that the lights were on and it looked open. I drove around the block to park in the lot in the rear and I walked in.

I was warmly greeted by those on the staff that knew me, and quickly introduced to a few that didn't. I was handed my usual, a tall coffee, and I sat down at one of the tables. The place was empty except for this young lady at the next table. I struck up a conversation with her and we chatted for maybe half an hour. She was headed for the art museum just across the plaza. I never did find out her name. Still, it wasn't my familiar haunt. I felt like I was cheating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home