Friday, March 16, 2007

Another Trip In The Time Machine

Here's another one of those vintage prints that fill up so many boxes around here. It's circa 1970, maybe a bit earlier, and I remember it was shot in her lushly landscaped back yard. Actually, probably her parents back yard. I like the contrast between the vertical folds in her bodice and the horizontal texture of the palm tree trunks, the flaring roots reaching for the ground balancing the shape of her skirt. The odd thing is that were you to put that hair style, even that make-up, that dress on a twenty year old girl today she'd be right in fashion.

I wish I could locate some of these folks from my past and photograph them again as they are now, maybe with their children and grandchildren as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home