Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Waiting For The Waitress

This is one of those "mystery photos" that we all take. The place looked interesting, begging for a photograph to capture the all too typical Diner Decor, and I know that it was shot within the last two or three weeks. Beyond that? I'm drawing a blank!

Looking at the picture I have no idea which diner, or where it was. It's certainly not one that I visit with any regularity or I'd recognize it. I'd bought the morning paper and was waiting for someone, but I have no idea who. It might have been Jim Kukar, since we meet for breakfast about once a month or so, but we tend to keep meeting at one of the same few places we've been frequenting for years. This isn't one of them.

From a photographer's standpoint it's interesting that the light fixtures have tungsten bulbs with their warm orangy glow rather than the more common flourescents with their ghastly greenish light. Oh, well, mysteries keep life interesting.

In another few days you'll notice a change in these self-portraits. I got a haircut and trimmed my beard. Actually, I'm toying with the idea of shaving it off altogether, except for the moustache. My hair is well flecked with grey but the beard is over-run with it, and down around my chin it's about all white. I guess at 64 I should just be happy that I still have all that hair, but that doesn't mean that I have to look old too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home