Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Final Extraction ~ Dawn Gone At Last


I never really did find out what happened. Half of Dawn's furniture, lots of her clothes, kitchen type stuff, a washer and dryer, had all found its way to my house. We were going to live together, maybe even get married. I was to clear out the small bedroom of its collection of fishing tackle and photography gear. We'd need the space when the big truck showed up in February with the last of her belongings.

The date kept getting pushed back, month by month, and nothing happened. No truck, no Dawn. No ex-planation. She stopped calling me. Finally I decided that I had to get on with my life. A year had passed. I told her that she needed to get her stuff out of my house by the end of February or it would go to the Salvation Army or Good Will. Come the middle of February I got a call. Dawn's daughter would be driving to Miami with a couple of her friends in a big truck to pick it all up. They finished loading the truck at dusk and got back to Tampa in the wee hours of the morning. Her daughter seemed as puzzled by the sequence of events as I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home