Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Time For Prayer ~ The City Of North Miami Must Be Broke

This is a series of emails, funny as hell but all too pathetic, a great example of the caliber of people who staff our government offices. It started out when I didn't get my check for attending the January Board of Adjustment meeting (I'm on the board), and they only recently increased our stipend to $20 from the $10 they instituted way back in 1961 (Yes indeed, that's NINETEEN SIXTY ONE!!!). At least it (barely) covers gas for my truck when I drive around town looking at the properties seeking zoning variances.

A bunch of emails got me noplace, then the February meeting rolled around. Still no check! I was getting a bit miffed, and involved Councilman Scott Galvin, the councilman who had appointed me to the board. Still no check. Lots of excuses but no check. I was quickly getting a bit more than just miffed.

This series of emails between me, the councilman, and the woman, Jacqueline Y. Gonzalez, director of Building and Zoning, who should have taken care of this back in January but didn't. Actually the series starts several emails before this exchange, but this should give you the gist of the problem. This rediculous debacle probably cost the city's tax payers at least $1,000 in wasted staff time and wasted at least 4 hours of my time. The check did arrive though. Thanks (I think) Jackie. It's safely in the bank now. MY bank, NOT the city's.

Scroll down to the bottom of the emails to read the first one first. I was too lazy (and PISSED) to change their order. Please forgive me.
*******************************************
I certainly understand..and am so sorry about the mess up…glad I will not see you panhandling at City Hall! Take care and I am certain to see you soon.

Jackie G

Jacqueline Y. Gonzalez, Director
Department of Building and Zoning
City of North Miami
(305) 895-9820 ext. 12253
(305) 895-9822 (fax)

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
Ghandi


From: preacherpop42@aol.com [mailto:preacherpop42@aol.com?] Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:22 PMTo: Gonzalez, Jacqueline Y.Subject: Re: Al Kaplan - Check

Good timing! I was just heading out!Us poor retirees scraping and scrimping on Social Security need every penny we can get. At least now I won't be having to panhandle at City Hall before board and council meetings.Cheers,Al -----Original Message-----From: Gonzalez, Jacqueline Y. <jygonzalez@northmiamifl.gov>To: preacherpop42@aol.com; scott@scott-galvin.comSent: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 4:11 pmSubject: RE: Al Kaplan - Check
Thanks Al. Guarantee that it wont happen again. Have a lovely evening.

Jackie G

Jacqueline Y. Gonzalez, Director
Department of Building and Zoning
City of North Miami
(305) 895-9820 ext. 12253
(305) 895-9822 (fax)

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
Ghandi


From: preacherpop42@aol.com [mailto:preacherpop42@aol.com?] Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 3:17 PMTo: Gonzalez, Jacqueline Y.; scott@scott-galvin.comSubject: Re: Al Kaplan - Check

Thanx. Got it. Hope you guys get your house in order.~ Al-----Original Message-----From: Gonzalez, Jacqueline Y. <jygonzalez@northmiamifl.gov>To: scott@scott-galvin.com; Hansraj, Maureen <mhansraj@northmiamifl.gov>; preacherpop42@aol.comCc: Patterson, Clarance <cpatterson@northmiamifl.gov>; Loperena, Anne <aloperena@northmiamifl.gov>Sent: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 12:03 pmSubject: RE: Al Kaplan - Check
My assistant Anne Loperena will deliver the check today.

Jacqueline Y. Gonzalez, Director
Department of Building and Zoning
City of North Miami
(305) 895-9820 ext. 12253
(305) 895-9822 (fax)

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
Ghandi


From: Scott Galvin [mailto:scott@scott-galvin.com?] Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:37 AMTo: Hansraj, Maureen; preacherpop42@aol.comCc: Gonzalez, Jacqueline Y.; Patterson, ClaranceSubject: Al Kaplan - Check

Hi, Clarance and Jackie,
Will you kindly let me know when you expect to be able to deliver the check to Mr. Kaplan today?

Thanks,
scott--- On Wed, 3/4/09, preacherpop42@aol.com <preacherpop42@aol.com> wrote:
From: preacherpop42@aol.com <preacherpop42@aol.com>Subject: CHECKTo: mhansraj@northmiamifl.gov, scott@scott-galvin.com, preacherpop42@aol.comDate: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah! Drop the check in my mail slot by noon today. No more screw-ups please. I'm growing weary of dealing with inept city "employees".Al

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home