Sunday, April 05, 2009

I'm Working For A Newspaper Again!

Give me a day or so to have my meeting with Ernst and write my first article for the Kiskeya Herald. I never dreamed that I'd be writing for a Haitian newspaper. North Miami has a large Haitian population. In the past we had a Haitian-American mayor and we currently have a couple of Haitian-Americans on the city council. With an election coming up in May this looks to an interesting month! Already we have a couple of Haitian-Americans announcing a run for the mayor's seat. One is currently on the city council. We also have a former mayor and councilman, now our current city clerk, and he's not Haitian-American, looking to become North Miami mayor again.

I was minding my own business at Starbucks tonight when Ernst showed up and I invited him to join me at the table. That's when he hit me with the "news". I felt like I'd been drafted for, much more so than offered, the position. Let's just say that it pays less than Time Magazine but I accepted. Who says that "retirement" can't be fun? Plus I'll get to eat all those goodies at all those parties and meet some new people. And you can read all about it right here!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home