Monday, April 20, 2009

420 ~ Our Healthcare Dollars At Play



In a way I used to enjoy going to the doctor. There were those big piles of not-too-old National Geographics, along with Newsweeks and a ladie's magazine or three. There was usually the morning Miami Herald and often the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, sections seperated from one another and mixed back together helter-skelter. A long wait to discuss my disgustingly good health and to let me catch up on last month's world events.

Now there's flat panel big screen TV playing a mixture of soap operas and game shows interspersed with "commercials" telling you that Chen Medical will pick you up and then take you home again after you see your doctor, and touting the knowledge and skills of their staff of medical professionals. I bring my own reading material.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home