Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Red Hat And A Head Of Curly Hair



Pat Motro and I have known each other for over xxxxty years(a gentleman never tells)since she was a freshman at Barry College and I was their photographer. When I went over to Bonnie Schwartzbaum's house last Sunday there she was! Busy getting stuff organized for the door to door campaigning later that day. But this isn't about the campaign. Or the hat.

This is about HAIR!!! Everybody is always telling me to get a haircut. This has been going on since I was a kid. Today started out by my going over to my ex's house to change the plug on a lamp cord and get the two packs of cigarette tobacco that she'd brought back from Germany last week. Fritz, Claudia's dad, rolls his own like I do and always sends me a couple of pouches. Then I had a cup of coffee, played with her two dogs, and listened to some variation of the theme "When are you going to get your hair cut? You look like a bum!" Finally I said goodbye, I left, and I headed over to the Chamber of Commerce.

Penny Valentine immediately started in on me with "When are you going to get that damned hair of yours cut? You look horrible, simply horrible like that!" and on and on and on...but the rest of the day was uneventful. Until tonight.

I went to Starbucks, got some coffee, and was sitting out on the patio about to light one of those cigarettes I'd rolled with that nice strong German tobacco. A sexy looking blond woman in a black dress came out of Starbucks, and as she walked by my table she said "I have to tell you that I just LOVE your hair!" but she just kept on walking. When my head stopped spinning I looked back over my shoulder. She was sitting at a table with a guy who was completely bald.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no photo's of the sexy blonde? guess we'll have to send you some high speed film for those night time patio shots.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home