Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Nicholas The Story Teller



I first met Pat a month or so ago at one of Bonnie Schwartzbaum's campaign parties. Pat has passion for politics but she doesn't drive. I offered to drive her home. She lives just a few blocks from my house and I told her that if she ever needed a ride someplace just give me a call. I figured that was safe because her apartment was only a block away from Publix and within two or three blocks of both a Walgreens and a CVS.

A few days ago the phone rang. Pat needed a ride about forty blocks and and thanks to the good planning of Miami-Dade County's public transportation system that required two busses each way on a rainy day. I was free and she was ready when I was. I drove over there. She was waiting on the porch.

Almost as soon as she got in the truck she insisted that I take five dollars "for gas" and we did her errand. On the way back I was getting hungry and suggested that we go by Jimmie's Place and get some supper. While we were eating Nicholas came in so on the way out I introduced them to one another.

I first met Nicholas five or six years ago at the coffee house, the Lunastar Cafe,where he frequently tells stories on weekend nights, which is directly across the street from City Hall. He sometimes actually walks around town dressed like that, staight out of the middle ages. But then I frequently walk around town carrying my toy monkey, Monkette, and she too is well known at Jimmie's Place. The characters you see on the streets around here are almost as nutty as the ones you'll find inside City Hall.

Click on the picture and it'll get big enough to read Nicholas's contact information.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home