Sunday, August 05, 2007

Next Year's Big Name?

I like checking out the artwork in coffee houses. The paintings are mostly by relatively unknown local artists and the prices are quite reasonable. Over the years I've bought a number of paintings by unknown artists and I enjoy having them in my house. Of course there's always that chance that you'll luck out and purchase a painting done by somebody who later becomes very famous and your twenty-five dollar indulgance is now worth a small fortune.

I guess that's always in the back of my mind when I look at a new exhibit because frankly I really don't have any room left on my walls for more artwork. Between my own framed photographs and various paintings, etchings, drawings, and a few vintage photographs by other photographers I actually find myself in the position of occasionaly taking a few things down to put others on display. This particular evening I was quite impressed with some of the pieces, but not impressed enough to take out the checkbook. Maybe I just need a bigger house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home