Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Neurologist's Examination

Every few months I go see my neurologist for a look-see, check up on my vitals, and see if my brain has deteriorated to the point where I can't touch my nose with my eyes closed or stand up, keep my balance, and walk in a straight line. Jennifer also likes to test my short term memory by having me repeat a series of numbers a few minutes after she says them. Then we always get into a discussion where she'll say my symptoms would clear up if only I'd take the full dose she prescribes while my primary care doctor, Larry, says that the symptoms are due to the medication. He says I shouldn't be driving on the meds, she says I shouldn't risk driving unless I've taken the meds. Sometimes I think that that cute little six inch tall doctor standing on her desk is really making the decisions around there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home