Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Two Tony Mafia Paintings And A Framed Window Guy

I was getting all new windows installed in my house last week. The new ones meet "current hurricane code" and my old fold down awnings would be replaced with current code storm panels which are a royal pain to put up and take down but are supposed to resist the impact of a 2 x 4 hitting end on at something like 80 miles per hour.

I was supposed to move everything a few feet away from the windows so the guys would have room to work. I already have way too much stuff. What a mess! In this shot the guy has just finished removing the old window unit in such a way as to insure producing the most plaster dust possible. To the left of the window is an oil painting by Tony Mafia while on the right is a water color. The framed window guy is "live".

This morning the contractor arranged to have Norma spend the day here, scrubbing, vacuuming, mopping, and dusting. Finally I have most everything clean and put away again. The guy in the middle is gone, and it's a real shame too. It kind of looks like something Andy Warhol might have done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home