Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport

It was really a monkey hunt I was on. I've had a toy monkey since I was a baby, and when Monkey flew out to California a few months back he returned to Miami in the arms of Monkette, another toy monkey that Todd had purchased to keep Monkey company on his vacation.

My granddaughter Gabriella turned one in September, and I decided that she needed her very own toy monkey. Todd really lucked out! Toy monkeys aren't all that easy to find. In this photograph I'm at a rummage sale at the Congregational Church around the corner, where they had lots of toy animals but no monkeys. Most were brand new and still had the original tags attached. I did find a cute kangaroo with a joey (baby) in her pouch and I bought them, along with another toy animal (no, I'm not telling what. It's supposed to be a surprise!).

I finally found a monkey at Wallgreens. I'm going to take some photographs of Gabriella's monkey together with Monkey and Monkette before I pack her up for her flight to Cambridge, MA. I probably won't be around when Gabriella has had her monkey for 63 years but I hope she likes him.

Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport was a hit song by Australian singer Rolf Harris back in 1963. It's actually a calypso song inspired by the Carribean Island songs by Harry Belafonte. Strange world with strange twists!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home