Thursday, July 03, 2008

Patriotism is Contagious ~ And Fashionable


This looks like it'll make for a good Fourth of July photograph. Actually I was wandering around the park on Memorial Day, May 30th, when I spotted this patriotic woman. Nobody could walk by without noticing her, for sure. As usual the city was handing out little Amercan flags, so I stood one in my shirt pocket. It looked great against the lighter blue of my shirt.

Councilman Scott Galvin made a good deal with a local flag company for bunches of 3x5 foot flags packed in a plastic bag along with a metal pole and a wall bracket. Any city resident could go to Scott's office at city hall and get one flag for free! I really thought that a lot more people would take advantage of the offer and that the streets would be awash in red, white, and blue. Well, in this neighborhood there's my flag and one on the next block, but he already had that one.

I'll attend tomorrow night's festivities, check out the refreshments, and watch the fireworks. Monkette wants to go too. I'm sure that I'll see this woman there, and I'm wondering what she'll be wearing. Most women don't want to be seen in the same outfit twice!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home