Sunday, October 05, 2008

ELENA KAPLAN ~ The Candidate



This is a recent picture of my daughter, Elena Kaplan, from her law firm's web site. I didn't take the photo. She used to use one of my photos of her.

A couple of years ago I got a call from my old friend John Patteson, all excited. "Did you know that Elena is running for state representitive in Atlanta?" he asked. Well no, I didn't. It seems that he'd been googling names of people that he knew, just to see what might turn up. He found the web site of the law firm that she was with and he found her campaign web site. I wish that I'd done a copy & paste of it, because shortly after she lost the election the campaign web site was gone. It started out with her writing about how she first got interested in politics by going with her father (that's me) to North Miami City Council meetings as a little girl. I should have felt flattered, glowing with pride, and I was I suppose, despite the fact that it had been close to five years since she'd decided to stop talking to me. She'd sent me a letter saying that she never wanted to see or hear from me again.

Last night I discovered a comment had been added to a blog posting about her on this Georgia blog:
http://liberallucidity.blogspot.com/2006/07/ajc-spotlights-georgias-record-4.html Here's the comment:

"Anonymous said...
Now it's 2008, not 2006. Elena Kaplan should try a run for some other office! http://thepriceofsilver.blogspot.com/2006/06/elena-kaplan-politics-in-her-blood.html She could have one of the best campaign advisors and political writers in the business working for her."

Again, very flattering. Thanks, Liberal Lucidity!

But Elena still isn't talking to me. I've tried sending emails to her at her law firm's email address but got no response. I'd really been expecting her to make another run for office in the current election cycle, but she doesn't seem to be doing it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Al, sorr E is not speaking to you. My youngest of two daughters has not spoke to me in many months. Yea, it sucks, but what can one do? Forgiveness is the key to healing, and so is timing. Wishing you and her an eventual recociliation, and until then, I for one feel your pain.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home