Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Trying To Play The Guitar


This is one of a mess of old prints I discovered hiding in some 8x10 paper boxes from years ago. "Vintage Print" is what they call them now. It dates to about 1965 and was most likely shot by my new bride Stephanie. We were living in Boston at the time. This new apartment was larger than the last and living room furniture was of lower priority than a kitchen table and chairs. Back then sitting on a floor wasn't unusual in our social set, and I could still spring to my feet without grabbing onto the the window sill and complaining about pain in my knees.
It must have been winter time because snow is plainly visible on the ground outside. I still had visions of becoming a great guitar player. I had no trouble learning the fingering but I can't read music and I'm about as tone deaf as they come. Eventually reality set in and I concentrated on my photography. Back then I had a Leica IIIf with a 35mm f/1.8 Canon lens and a Nikon finder. It was most likely shot on Tri-X souped in Acufine and printed on DuPont Velour Black graded paper. The print has held up well over the years.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home