Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Font Man








Jeff showed up at my house this afternoon.

He'd decided to drive by my house on his way to Starbucks figuring I'd be one place or the other. He designs fonts of lettering. A few months ago he took one of my cards and today he showed up with this sheet of paper containing a bunch of images of my logo in various sizes, along with a disc containing files of the images.

The logo itself was designed by a graphic designer by the name of Jon Craine. I met Jon back in the early seventies. I was doing some photography for Milgo Electronics at the time and Jon was designing some brochures for them. We went out to lunch with Jackie Foy. She worked for Milgo and was in charge of all of their advertizing and publications. Jon asked me for my card and said that he didn't like the design. He wanted to design a new one for me. A few weeks later I got a new layout in the mail including this logo, for free! I've used it ever since. Thanks Jon, and thanks Jeff.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

It really is a small world. I worked for Racal Milgo for YEARS. I guess from around 1976 till 1982. The name Jackie Foy sounds very familiar to me. Love the designs.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home