Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ruthie



It was May of 1972 and I don't remember why we were taking photos but I loved the light. Behind her is a trowel splatter textured plaster wall painted white. She's facing the long narrow window on the door which was a textured glass to let light through but you really couldn't see through it. I shot a 12 exposure roll of 120 film in my Pentacon-Six with the 80mm Biometer lens, probably wide open at f/2.8 and when I first saw the contact sheet I knew that "This was the one"! I don't think that I ever did another shoot of Ruthie and I lost track of her soon after.

This is another one of those "scanned directly from the contact sheet" pictures so I'm presenting it complete with dust spots. For many years I included an 11x14 print of this in my portfolio. I really loved the picture. I still do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home