Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Normandy Prep ~ Spring 1961



I'd dropped out of high school a couple of times. I guess I was bored. My mom thought that I needed the diploma to go to college and she enrolled me at Normandy Prep on Normandy Isle in Miami Beach. I did manage to stick it out there, and Roger Kalins, the son of my mom's best friend lived nearby. He got me interested in photography. Soon I was developing and printing my own photos. He was a couple of years older than I was and had a pair of Leica III-f bodies and a few lenses.

Normandy Prep needed somebody to shoot candid and posed shots around campus for the yearbook. I got the "job". This was a set up shot. After forty-eight years I don't remember their names. I think that I did a pretty good job for a rank beginner! This scan is off the contact sheet although I still have the negatives.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home