Monday, January 02, 2006

hieroglyphics in the doctors office

"No limit may be set to art, neither is there any craftsman that is fully master of his craft" The Instruction of Ptahhotep

And sometimes maybe that there is always a greater challenge in our craft is what keeps us grounded in our work. There is always a better idea, something else to try. I'd photographed the nurse taking my blood pressure and my doctor examining on my previous visit. When I saw these anatomical charts on the wall they had an other worldly look to them, a certain unreality about them, a timelessness that I wanted to juxtapose with my own mortality, the fragility of life itself. I set the focus on the 15mm lens closer even than I was, so I was near the extreme limit of depth of field, causing the charts to blurr a bit and look less clinical, less like medical illustrations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home