Friday, August 04, 2006

Yahoo! Chose This Blog as a PICK Of The Week

Yahoo! Picks
It was a complete surprise yesterday when I got the Email from Yahoo! telling me that my blog was a Yahoo! Pick. I'd noticed a jump in traffic, and the traffic just kept climbing. I have a friend who says that he averages less than 50 hits a day on his site, and for the past six months I've been getting about 100. Right now I'm 902 hits over the same time yesterday.

I'd like to thank all of you who Emailed your congratulations, as well as those who posted them on the Leica Forum on Photonet. I even got a few phone calls. Big thanks to Jon Sinish and Todd Frederick for figuring out how to post the link to Yahoo!'s little symbol on the blog. Yahoo doesn't make it an easy task, at least not on Blogspot software.

I got curious about where there might be links to the blog and started Googling around. Links appear on some blogs and websites in lots of other countries, from Europe through the far east and Australia, and back to Alaska, encircling the globe. Several blogs I ran across didn't bother linking. They just ran my blog, photos and text, with full credit, inside of their own. That means that I could have hundreds of followers reading the blog daily without it ever showing up on my hit counter. WARNING TO THOSE PEOPLE RUNNING MY BLOG ON THEIR SITES: The material is copright. Feel free to run a brief "teaser" followed by a link to this blog but don't just reproduce the blog on your site, even if you do give me credit. The one exception would be if you want to run a translation of the text in another language, but even then please ask my permission, and only link to the photographs. Don't run the photos themselves in your blog.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Al! See? All you needed was a Voigtlander Bessa to take great pictures and make you famous. I've always said, "Bessa is best;" and that's that.

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.cameraquest.com for all your Bessa needs. ;*)

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Al...

I didn't want to say anything regarding the Yahoo! Pick but since you're on the trail I thought I'd let you know that I am the one who showed your link to a friend who works in their editorial dept. I am a former Yahoo! myself and thought they'd really dig your stuff. Obviously, they did!

Aaron Johnston
http://www.endustry.com/

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home