Friday, October 20, 2006

Shooting Myself


I'm not really sure who did this photo of me. A lot of people meet me at Starbucks for coffee and I found this print in a pile of stuff on my desk as I was trying to make order out of chaos a few weeks ago. I think it was Karl Georg Wolf when he and his wife were visting Miami from Germany a few months ago. It shows how I hold the camera in one hand while shooting my self-portrait series with the 15mm lens. A whole bunch of them are here:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=489236

I've been having a lot of fun with this still ongoing project, documenting my everday life, the people I know, the places I go, the things I do. There are still dozens and dozens of them that I've yet to print. This is one of the few shots showing me and how I operate the camera in one hand. Some of my photographs are done right handed, others left handed, depending on what l want in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home