Monday, October 09, 2006

North Miami Public Works Screws Up Big Time

( Ain't it lovely?) And this is the ONE corner of the FOUR at the intersection that has NO BRAND NEW STORM DRAIN. That's my truck and house on the left.

A guy from public works sat in his idling air conditioned truck for days on end monitoring the contractor who installed the storm drain system along N.E. 14th Avenue, and repaving the intersection a few inches higher to retain the water on my swale. Just lovely. Thank Mr. Collins for us. Dawn just loves being able to ruin her shoes, the car filling with mud, the tracked in dirt in the house.

That's the same Mark Collins who has left the problem of the "doesn't meet code" too high fence at 1375 N.E. 133rd St., right next door to me, fester for nearly three years now, since January 27, 2004. That's the fence issue which "dropped off the radar" altogether from March 18, 2004 until August 10, 2006, during which time no action was taken. Yet I was constantly assured that steps were being taken. The roosters living behind the fence? A major code violation. "We can't see them over the fence" said the code compliance officers.

Finally, after screaming loud enough, and long enough, they decided to get one of the lazy bastard code guys over there at 4:45 A.M. when the roosters were awakening the neighborhood. Maybe they couldn't see them. They sure could hear them!

Then another contractor, also working on the house without a permit, and his men beat the shit out of me for legally standing on a public street and legally taking photographs on January 29th of this year. Check my blog entries for photos and details. The cops did nothing. "We have to see it happening" they told me.

Finally action started moving forward about the fence. I suspect that it was because I pointed out that the half built garage directly behind the house with the fence was half built because they stopped the construction for lack of a valid permit. The code guy was ignored until he came back a second time with a cop.

So I suspect that the lack of a drain in front of my property is Mark's way of getting back at me, making me park in a puddle whenever it rains or the guy with the fence scrubs his driveway. He does that daily. Somehow the city allowed him (I guess) to pave over most of his front yard. There's no place for the water to go. It makes a lake in front of my house.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan van Kampenhout said...

Hi Al, that situation must be frustrating as $#@*. Thankfully you also have a lot of good things to look forward to. Don't let them bring you down! greetings, Jan

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home