Saturday, September 30, 2006

Gonna Get Me A Brand New Suit And A Brand New Wife


It's for real, fer sure! Dawn and I are getting hitched. I was driving along Biscayne Blvd. a couple of days back, listening as usual to 105.9 FM, the classic rock station here in Miami, when I became aware of those words dancing around in my head. I don't know which song or which group, but it was like they were singing for me. Dawn had already told me that when she comes over from Tampa this coming weekend we're going shopping for a new suit for me. I have several suits, though seldom worn these days, but she's insisting on a brand new one. Never argue with a woman!

Blue serge is what she envisions, to emphasize my blue eyes. Looking at this shot of the two of us at Starbucks last week I'm thinking it'll have to be a tropical weight fabric, but come winter there'll be plenty of nights when a heavier wool would be just fine. Then I'll no doubt be needing some new ties in whatever the currently stylish width might be these days. I might even get back into liking the suit and tie look after the past fifteen years or so of faded jeans and rumpled fishing shirts. Hell, I might even end up the best dressed boat captain on Biscayne Bay. Dawn deserves the best! (That's why she chose me...LOL)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Al, Brenda chose you. That should be me in that photo not Dawn. You made a mistake

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, be careful...she's after your money! I read your horoscope and I hope you get a prenup.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Al!

Reagarding our friend, "Brad," copy his insults and I put them on a new poo page for you. What shall we call it? How about Brad Poo. ;*)

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home