Saturday, June 21, 2008

What Might Have Been


Life is full of "ships passing in the night" as the old saying goes. Missed opportunities. Opportunities that we wished had really been opportunities, but for one reason or another the timing just wasn't right. I met Brenda on line at a time when she was caught up in the death throws of a dying marriage. Everything looked promising but at the time she couldn't bring herself to take that leap of faith to what might have been been a more fulfilling life.

In the meantime I got involved again with a woman out of my past, but I was being scammed, as it turned out. For that woman I made a great fantasy, I suppose, but the reality wasn't to be. I wasted a year and a half of my life waiting for the move that didn't happen. While I was believing the old flame about the life we'd share together Brenda finally divorced her husband. A free woman at last, and here I thought that I was spoken for.

Today, for the first time in ages, Brenda IM'd me. She's getting married next weekend. She wanted to tell me the good news. She didn't sound like the excited bride to be...not at all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home