Thursday, January 08, 2009

Making Boring Advisory Board Meetings Somewhat Less Boring


That's me on the right. I shot this with my usual "hold the camera with my arm extended out of the picture". This was during a North Miami Board of Adjustment meeting. Sometimes I dress for the occasion, sometimes I look like a vagrant...LOL
Last October I had an exhibit of my photos at the Mario Flores Gallery in downtown North Miami, followed by one at the N.M. Public Library. Mario wanted me to do something "new and creative" as well as show my more conventional work. The effect is achieved by splattering Dektol developer on the exposed paper, tilting it this way and that so the droplets run across the paper, then just leaving it undisturbed for five minutes or longer. I then splatter a bit more fresh developer on the paper, repeating the tilting procedure but this time just letting it develop for a minute or so, then into the fixer. The developing procedure takes up about ten minutes on the average before the fix and wash. I probably make about ten prints for every one I like and keep. Of course every print is a unique one of a kind.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Flo

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah!

Al, please don't post a picture like this and then let us all hanging and wondering what you fed the camera to make this all happen! :)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Mark Ehlers said...

Oh, sorry...I don't remember seeing your explanation the first time I was here.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home