Saturday, January 10, 2009

Gotta Love Them Cute Young Chicks!


Lately I really have been making a serious attempt to make mayhem out of madness around here, digging through boxes, unpiling and repiling heaps of the stuff most folks would have just thrown out years ago. Not me. No way! I just try to keep track of where something might be stashed. Mental notes. If I were to write them down then that would just be one more thing to keep track of.
A couple of weeks ago I was looking through some photo finishing bags and found this print of myself with the lady, probably at a fishing club meeting, probably last year sometime. I wouldn't have dressed quite that casually for a Chamber of Commerce luncheon. But then again, I might have. Keeps 'em guessing!
As I looked at the photo I thought that it reminded me of another picture that was here on my blog a long time ago. They're both self portraits. The bottom one was taken right around my birthday in 1962. I'd either just turned twenty or was about to. In the upper photo I'm sixty-five. I've gotten a touch of grey hair over the forty-five year span but I still have my hair. The chicks love it! That and my sexy eyes. At least that's what they tell me.
I still have piles of crap to go through, and I still can't bring myself to throw anything away. The piles and boxes have been rearranged and dusted. I've found a bunch of images that I want to post on the blog. I'm also thinking about shooting some new photos of places around town that I last photographed forty or so years ago. Somethings really change while others pretty much stay the same. And that woman? I keep wondering what she looked like back in 1962.
Tech info: The top photo was with a Bessa L equipped with a 15mm Heliar lens on Kodak Gold 200 film while the bottom photo was on Kodachrome II film with an Olympus Pen camera sporting a 28mm Zuiko lens.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home