Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hail Mary ~ From A Different Angle

When you hold the camera in one hand high up over your head to shoot across the top of a crowd you really can't see what the camera is seeing. Sometimes you can't really see anything at all through the people That's why they call it a Hail Mary shot, you push the button, say three Hail Mary's, and hope for the best.

When I shoot with the camera off to the side or above at least I can see what's there. I've gotten pretty good at knowing what the lens will see just by how I'm holding the camera, but for the most part I still tend to use the high angle looking down at the subjects. Habit? Inertia? I decided to try some lower angles but Monkette was too intrigued with trying to mimic Patty's pose, head thrown back, nose in the air...and I think that she did a pretty good job, but I'm never really certain what those two girls are up to. It's possible that Patty glanced over at Monkette and tryed to mimic Monkette's pose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home