Monday, October 12, 2009

Where Is Shirley Now? In 1961 She Was Dancing!




Here are a couple of shots of Shirley at the dance studio. Again, these are scanned off the contact sheet. The Ricoh 4x4 camera was loaded with Tri-X, I'd just gotten interested in photography a couple of months earlier, and I had no ideas what I was doing!

I got this in an email from Kay, who was our our mutual friend back half a century ago.

"Hi Al,

As for Shirley Seigel, she's been MIA for a long time. I often go back for high school reunions, and she's been on the list that they post of "do you know where these people are?" for ages!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the idea to scan the contact sheets is good because with all, sorry some dust spot snd a few scratch conveys more hte feeling of the time which has...gone.
A clean (photoshopped) negative scan would not give the same emotion, even if more "perfect".
This is my view, probably related to my age (60) and some "nostalgia" ...
I enjoy very much yous serie Al, please keep posting !
grazie e ciao
robert blu (from RFF), italy

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home