Saturday, August 05, 2006

Keep Your Eyes On The Road, Keep Your Hands Upon The Wheel...



It's been an exciting couple of days since Yahoo! told me this blog was their Pick of the Week. It's caused me to do a lot of thinking about what this blog means to me and what direction I want it to take. I was riding home earlier this evening with the radio tuned to the local classic rock station when I heard the words "Keep your eyes on the road, keep your hands upon the wheel..." with "wheel" drawn out into two sylables.

That was The Word, the message telling me to stay on track, that I was doing just fine the way things were. I spoke with Jon Sinish about it. He said that the draw was the very fact that you never knew what you'd find on Thepriceofsilver from one day to the next. It could be something I shot in the last week or two, something from twenty years ago or perhaps even forty. Rock singers to presidents, and a story to go along with it. Places I've been and people I've known, strangers and family alike.

Lately I've been posting a lot of older stuff from my files, but I'm still shooting. I'm going to get busy and print up some of the recent things. Tomorrow I'm shooting a party for an old friend, a newspaper editor. He and I have been working together on and off for a variety of publications going back nearly forty years. I've got plenty of pictures of him over the years. I remember his 27th birthday party. He just turned 64. Hell, Monkey was only 25 back then!

P.S. Want an archival quality print of this or one of my other photos? E-mail me at preacherpop42@aol.com for details.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great read, Al! I'm not much of a blog reader but I always have a peeka-boo here...and here:

http://www.ravefilmskc.blogspot.com/

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great title for a blog Al!

"cause the future's uncertain, & the end is always near."

(insert Robby Krieger riff here)

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home