Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Partying Behind The 100 Year Old House


To celebrate the 100th year of the Burr house Mr. Burr (yup, it's still in the same family) hosted the members of The North Miami Historical Society to a dinner. I brought Robin, my new squeeze, along so she could meet more of the folks around here. It was just party after party for a few weeks at the end of the year, and I suspect that Robin even met some people that I don't know. That's Robin facing the camera across the table from me, right in the center of the photo. Monkette is sitting on the table almost obscured in shadow.

Actually, there were a couple of women at the Chamber of Commerce party that are still a mystery. Robin didn't mention it until a couple of weeks later, so I have no idea who they were, but it's still bugging her. It seems that they kept staring at her, giving her what might even be taken for dirty looks. She says they were older, closer to my age. Maybe they were jealous? Hell, tall handsome Al, that guy with the pretty blue/green eyes and full mop of curly locks, was around and available for years before Robin came on the scene. He was around before he started going to parties carrying one of his toy monkeys too. They could have asked me out if they wanted. Of course there's also the possibility that I wasn't quite so appealing before I started taking Monkette to parties with me.

The strange lighting from the red bulbs, contrasted with the twilight lingering in the sky, made for some interesting pictures. I like the effect of the gnarled old trees in the background. Old? Hell, they might not have even been planted yet when the house was built. Notice the chimney on the house, a rare sight in South Florida.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The old ladies at the Chamber of Commerce party were from the Salem Witch Society. They were placing a hex on Robin. Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The old ladies at the Chamber of Commerce were from the Salem Witch Society, trying to put a hex on Robin. Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home