Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Wedding Photographer Hard At Work - Making The Sale

This is one strange story! I used to shoot a lot of weddings, mostly for other photographers when they were overbooked or got sick at the last minute or just needed help on a huge wedding. I never really went after the wedding business on my own. On the rare occasion I got talked into doing one I'd just hand over the exposed film and suggest a couple of good labs.

One of my clients for a few decades was the local Greek Orthodox Church here in North Miami. I've posted a few photos of weddings amongst the hundreds of others on the internet, and I suppose mentioned "Greek Church" a time or two also. A young woman was trying to arrange a wedding here, even though only her parents still live here, and she was looking for a photographer. Google to the rescue! Some combination of key words, perhap "wedding", "Greek Orthodox Church", "North Miami", "photographer", resulted in my name and photographs popping up.

I explained that no, I didn't have any sample wedding albums, but she claimed to like my style and subtle sense of humor. We met at Starbucks and I brought along a bunch of prints of various subjects. We have a tentative date set up in June and it looks like I'll be photographing the wedding. Thank you Google. The big problem will be getting a dress for Monkette. They want her to be a flower girl. For REAL.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, can't wait to see the photos

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home