Friday, December 05, 2008

What's Going On With This Blog? Find Out:

I've already mentioned that things here would be a slow go through the holiday season. I've been keeping too damned busy doing other things. Today I dug through drawers and boxes filled with photo related dohickies, old filters, lens parts, dead cameras and such, and listing them on the Rangefinder Forum. All the members there are doing it. The idea is that if somebody wants something all they have to do is pay for shipping. No charge for the item itself. It's a great way to get rid of all that "too good to throw away" clutter, and my house sure is cluttered.

Another thing I've been doing is sifting through my clothes closet. I'm one of those rare guys in his sixties that still wears the same size, the EXACT same size, as I did when I was in my twenties. Time was when I was in suit and tie most every day, then for maybe twenty years it was jeans. In the meantime lapel widths fluctuated a bit but now they're about what they were when the suits and sport jackets were new. I've been freaking people out! Instead of wandering around North Miami looking like a homeless bum carrying a toy monkey I'm getting comments like "Oh Mr. Kaplan, I didn't know that you were an attorney!" I'm not, but the old saying that "clothes make the man" still seems to hold true.

In keeping with the new image I've been shooting with a Leica M2 equipped with a 21mm Super Angulon instead of the cheap little Bessa L and the 15mm Heliar. Gotta hang the proper expensive classic camera in front of a silk tie...LOL. I'm mostly shooting B&W once more, but I'm still doing the self-portrait thing mixed in with various other shots. After the holidays thepriceofsilver will be back, reinvigorated and better than ever. Until then keep checking in for occassional updates and perhaps a story or photograph here and there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to the generosity of all the rff'ers & esp. Steve "aka" (popstar) I will be sporting my new Price of Silver T shirt. I'll wear it proudly. ;-)

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Al, Raid got razzed then quit RFF for posting this very info about the free stuff.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home