Friday, February 13, 2009

Rene Ricard, Ben Lackey, And The Mystery Chick



This was shot in Boston and Cambridge the winter of 1962/1963. I don't have a clue as to who that blonde chick is but I do remember chatting wth her in a restaurant/sub shop/coffee house type of place in Harvard Square called Mike's Club.

Rene Ricard and Ben Lackey were guys I'd first met in my hometown of New Bedford, but at this point I was living in Boston and Rene was staying at Prescott Townsend's place on Beacon Hill. Prescott was Old Money, and lots of it. He was also very active in trying to bring homosexuality out of the shadows. Rene idolized him and Precott thought that Rene was special. Everything was fine until Rene went to New York and met Andy Warhol. He came back to Boston, but he'd chaged. Soon he was living at Andy Warhol's Factory. He kept up with his poetry and painting, and added movie acting to his repetoire.

So what was he doing on the floor? Honestly, I don't know if he was just turned on by the music or perhaps some wine and cannibus? Or perhaps...? Nah, magic mushrooms, peyote, and LSD hadn't arrived in our lives as yet.

Anyway, I thought it might be interesting to scan and post an occasional contact sheet, something different! Yup, I still have the negatives too.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home